Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Movie: Transformers

I went to see the Transformers movie. I went expecting it to be terrible, and so I was actually not too let down when it turned out to be kind of funny and to have robot fights. There were too many silly human plotlines that had no point. The US Army was prominently and beautifully featured even though it did absolutely nothing in the context of the movie. It is very clear to me that I should join the Army and buy a Chevrolet.

Recommend: The robots looked excellent, and so were the transformings. There were almost no Transformer conversations; maybe a total of 45 seconds of Transformers talking to Transformers. This means that there were no arguments between Starscream and Megatron; the Decepticons were pretty scary, but when they all said "Hail Megatron" in unison, it was in some foreign Transformers language, which is too bad.

2 comments:

Murf said...

I can't wait to see this one.

Andrew said...

the decepticons look pretty cool, even with all the shaky-shaky rock-and-roll Michael-Bay "camera work". optimus prime was excellent, but still he and all the autobots acted like kids, weird.