Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Movie : Starchaser: The Legend Of Orin

So this month for Alamo Draft House's dollar Mondays is "The Best of the Star Wars Rip-offs." Since me and Maggie went to all of last month's "Kung-Fu" Mondays, we are naturally going to this month's star wars rip-offs. Man, they have not disappointed.

Starchaser is a cartoon movie made in 1985 where a young boy with a sword that has a laser-like magic blade must crush and evil empire with the help of some saucy robots, a princess, and a fast-talking smuggler. A recipe for success? I think so. Especially for a dollar and IN 3-D! Man, talk about some 3-D.

This movie, though a star wars rip-off, raised some interesting philosophical questions. Did Jesus himself have a magic bladeless sword? This movie made me think he did.

Recommend? Yes, it had the line "I'm not a robot, I'm the robot," uttered by the villain when it was revealed that he was a robot.

1 comment:

Andrew Najberg said...

I was THE robot once, but than my four years ran out and I went back to being me.