Sunday, August 14, 2005

Things Coming Soon: Live Action Transformer Movie

I've been following stuff on the live action Transformer movie, and I have to say that as beautiful of a concept as I think that is, I also think it is a horrible idea. Most importantly, there's going to be nothing live action about it. All the stuff that would be cool to see live action will be CGI. Then again, as we've learned from Square Enix, mechs turn out pretty damn sweet in CGI and everybody loves to see beautiful mechs blowing each other up on an epic scale. Especially transforming mechs. I was a transforming mech once. It was beautiful and maybe this will be too. Or it could suck.

Recommend: I think that everyone should become a live action mech and run for robot politics.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

i think that this movie is just going to trivialize my lifelong desire to actually build a Transformer (specifically Optimus Prime) using skills acquired from various disciplines including psychology, vision-science, and robot-making. people will just laugh at me now, and think that i did it because of the movie.

Murf said...

I won't laugh at you, Andrew. I can help with any "blinking-LED" applications you may require.