Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Movie: Doom

This one could have gone either way, so I had no expectations other than seeing some demons shot with machine guns. The movie definately serves this, and plenty of it. However, it also serves a pretty decent, if slightly rushed story. I will say that they could really have milked the atmosphere a bit more and spent another twenty minutes at the beginning of the movie, but it was actually better than I thought it would be. On par or slightly better than Resident Evil.

Recommend: As far as video game movies go, this is definately one of the top ranks so far. As far as real movies go, its a descent sci-fi flick with some cool special effects, a couple really cool scenes, some descent character moments, and a pretty cool first person shooter perspective sequence. However, the Silent Hill movie looked better before I saw Doom, looked better after, and I am hoping will be the coolest videogame movie ever.

1 comment:

Murf said...

Whoa, good review. I think I will go check this one out.