Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Movie : The New World

We watched this movie for an hour and fifty minutes, until the lady three rows up told us to stop snickering so much. We figured the fun was over, so we left. What happened in the first hour and fifty minutes? Honestly, all I remember were lots and lots and lots and lots of shots of scenery (water droplets, birds, trees, light through windows) and more voice-overs than all other movies in history combined. The voice-overs mostly consisted of: "When I first saw her, I knew I loved her. She was my Goddess," (said by John smith) and, "When I saw him, I knew he was my god," (said by Pocahontas.) Then there was some rolling around on the grass and stuff. Then John Smith sailed across the ocean, and Pocahontas seemed sad and very muddy. Then Christian Bale started saying the exact same things in voice over, and the lady told us to be quiet. I don't know what happened after that, because we left. It was probably really funny.

Recommend? Oh yes, totally.

8 comments:

Andrew said...

this sounds like my kind of movie.

Travis Payne said...

ah the period piece movies... man i just noticed you guys do a hell of a lotta movie watching. the last one i had any intrest to see was king kong which totally rock ( big tahnks to michaels review) but other than that no to much has looked worth while. on a note of cool i finished reading a david lych article in juxtapoz and he is currently working on a new movie it's called inland empire.

Andrew Najberg said...

Sounds like a film to have a some friends over for and some shots of whiskey.

Andrew said...

i was serious when i said this sounds like my kind of movie.

Michael said...

I had wondered. I says to maggie, "your brother says this is his kind of movie, ha ha." But I couldn't tell if you were joking or not. Seriously (and not vaguely), it's the worst movie I've seen in a long, long time. And not in a good way. There was more narration than dialoge, which means a.)little action, b.)almost no actual character development, since they don't interact, but voice-over. It was painful and boring and pointless. Don't watch it.

Andrew said...

again, this sounds like my kind of movie.

Murf said...

Pooping back and forth is more my kind of movie.

Michael said...

Yes. I think so. Always go with poop.

Is this the most comments on a vague review? It seems much higher than normal. Huh.