Thursday, October 30, 2008

Movie : 1408

This movie got some good reviews somewhere, but THIS AINT ONE OF THEM!

I just didn't find the scary in this scary movie.  I DID like the ending, but what can you say about a movie when the only thing you liked is the ending? 

I guess I can try to summarize the movie for everyone.  There was this room that made some cracks in the walls, and then the pictures sometimes were crooked, and sometimes I Love Lucy walked through the room and jumped out a window, and then sometimes the room was Freezy, and sometimes the telephone rang... I mean basically it's like any of our old college apartments.

The best thing about this movie, besides I guess an ending I liked, was that Samual L. Jackson was in the movie for five minutes.  At the beginning of the movie he's all like "I'm telling you don't go in room 1408??  Don't be a bitch!  You gonna get killed!"  and then at the end of the movie he smiles and smokes a cigar and says to the camera "You see, Sammy J always knows what he's muthafuckin' talking about."

Recommend?  Don't watch this unless it's in the background and you are drinking and playing board games with neighbors.

No comments: