Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Movie : Halloween (Rob Zombie's remake)

I haven't seen the original Halloween, or Halloween II: Escape from Halloween, or Halloween III: Revenge of the Halloweens, or Halloween IV: It's That Time Again, or Halloween V: Halloween Ressurection, or Halloween VI: Freddy vs. Halloween, or Halloween VII: Halloween's in Queens, or Halloween VIII: The Nightmare of Jason, or Halloween IX: Halloween at 30,000 Ft, or even the highly touted Halloween X: Halloween Galaxy..."in space no one can Trick or Treat"... so I was excited to get to finally learn what all this Halloween business was about.

The movie starts with a young Halloween, and the little Halloween kid is spooky!  Then it moves to what I believe is the modern-day Halloween, and the big Halloween man is not AS spooky as the kid, but spooky enough.  I was very pleased with this film.  It had a good amount of gore, a basic but good story, and was lacking the "cheese" that soooo many horror films load up on.  Throw in many topless girls getting killed, and I have to say this movie makes a perfect Halloween rental.

Recommend?  Yes.  Much more enjoyable than I expected.

No comments: