Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Tool: Non-flammable compressed gas duster

Starting from one of the best generic names I've ever encountered, this thing rocks. What a wonderful world we live in where you can buy air in a can. The dust just went poof straight up in the air and only half of it settled back down on the board. I always wanted something that would do my jobs half-assed for me. Not only was I able to sort of clean the boards of my computer with this thing, but I was able to scare the hell out of my dog. I didn't even have to try - the sound of the escaping air made the pup tuck it's tail between its legs and huddle up shaking in the corner. It's like buy one get one free except that buy one get one free doesn't inadvertently result in urine running down a puppy's leg. Not that I'm advocating scaring the hell out of puppies, but as a comedic side effect...thumbs up. And just think of all the other things I can clean! Surfaces, containers, openings, and coverings! I could go on an on! The air's even cold, so if it wasn't dangerous it could make an impromptu way to beat the summer heat!

Do I recommend? Oh, yeah I recommend. Doesn't clean so great, but man, it's air in a can.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Why, I need a way to safley clean the insides of my Moog. I think I will go to a retail outlet and purchase a cannister of Non-flammable compressed gas duster, per your recommendation. Where didst thou purchase this generic duster? Was it cheaper than popular national brands such as Canny Spray-y Air and DustBlowCan 4000?

Whoosh!

Andrew Najberg said...

I bought it at Staples, my friend. For $1.99 on sale. Oh yeah. That's the spot. Oh yeah.