Thursday, June 2, 2005

One Star For Traffic

You know, you'd think a place that so many people spend so much time in would be more exciting, but I've got to say, I am really disappointed with my experience with being in traffic. I've called so many people on their cell phones and they've told me that they were in traffic, and I got really interested in finding out what this "traffic" thing was all about, so I got in my car to try it out for myself. Let me tell you: what a damn waste of time. The production values were terrible. All it was was a bunch of cars on a road. Who do the public relations people for traffic think their fooling? Do they ever expect to sell such a ludicrous idea? You'd think they'd try for some plot development, but instead its just stop and go until the y split. Stop and go to the stop sign. Stop and go through the red light. It's all so damn predictable and there's no motivation for any of it. The character development is as superficial as a freaking bumper sticker or something stuck to a rear window. Furthermore, the atmosphere was terrible, all stifling sun through the windshield, the smell of tar and rubber and exhaust and that dead thing by the road, sometimes honking. All in all, I've got to give traffic one star out of five, a disappointment on all accounts.

6 comments:

Michael said...

Oh man, you joined! And oh man, you didn't follow the proper Totally Vague review format. You are so going to get vaguely scolded...

Andrew Najberg said...

I know, my lack of decorum observation was shameful, but fear not. It shall be vaguely remedied. However, what category does my review go under?

Murf said...

Oi! I forgot to mention the format part...my B.

Here's how we do it: for the subject line, use the format Category : Subject

For this one, you could have Situations : Traffic or something like that.

The only other format is that at the end of your vague review, you put a 'Recommend?' line, and then whether you really recommend the category or not. And since we're vague, you don't even have to really decide on it!

That's all! Welcome aboard!

Andrew said...

man, i can't believe you gave traffic just one star. i'd give it at least two and a half. for one, there's the threat of sudden car failure, and for a half, there's the suspense: "what the hell is going on?". sometimes, you never even find out, an eternal mystery, a knot tied in a road.

and hi andrew N!

Andrew Najberg said...

that's true...my car especially has engine trouble worries...

and I also forgot the roadkill factor...

and Hi Andrew H!

Veronica said...

Hey Andrew, do you want to know what really spices up that boring time spent sitting in traffic? Make a point to stare into other people's cars, and when they look at you, laugh wildly and gleefully. It gets them really pissed. Preference should be given to anyone with one of those "W--The President" stickers, people in Hummers (obviously these are not mutually exclusive), "Support Our Troops" magnets and such. Republicans, basically. Can't go wrong laughing in a Republican's face. This also works well in the Kroger checkout line, movie theaters, you get the idea. If you don't appear to be laughing about anything in particular, no one will beat the shit out of you...I hope.