Sunday, March 5, 2006

Food: Pig's Feet

Tonight for dinner: Bean soup with pig feet, chicken hearts and gizzards with vegetables, and tomato and egg soup. I have never eaten a pig's foot. No, no, I *had* never eaten a pig's foot. Now I have certainly eaten a pig's foot. And chewed on pig foot bones. And sucked squishy pig foot skin off of boiled pig foot toes. Those things are complicated. It's not really meat, see; it's lots of bones, 'cause you see feet have lots of bones in them. And there's skin and lots of tendons and ligament and things, which are all soft and gelatinous. And there's a little meat, which is precious, precious, precious. I will say what I said to Jingping: I am not disappointed by these pig feet. These certainly meet my expectations.

Recommend: I have definitely now eaten a pig foot. Or at least, half of a pig foot.

4 comments:

Murf said...

Oh dear god... I mean, I'm sure it's not bad, but the visual presentation you just gave... er, well, dear god!

Michael said...

Half a pig's foot, eh? Hmm.

Andrew Najberg said...

I will never eat pig foot or hog jowl. A man must have standards. I'll stick with my fried lizard faces, thank you very much.

Murf said...

Sushi > Lobster > Ribeye > Cheeseburger > Cauliflower > Squid Salad > Meal Worms > Lizard Faces > Pigs Feet ... IMHO