Thursday, March 23, 2006

Movie: Marebito

So I love Japanese horror and I rent any one that I find that doesn't sound warped in a bad way. So I rented this one. Before I watched it, I found out it was filmed in eight days while the guy making it was making another movie. At first it totally reminded me of the Hard Boiled segments of Hard Boiled Wonderland by Murakami. Then it didn't. Then it reminded me of crap.

Recommend: It was totally rocking while the videotaping guy descended through the subway into the subterranean netherworld while talking with a dead man and chasing after those weird guys that crawled around on all fours and were painted white and tattooed. Once he finds the chained naked chick, however, it kind of goes downhill. AND THAT is a statement, my friends, that it takes a really badly handled movie to allow.

No comments: