Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Anime : Cowboy Bebop

Cowboy Bebop is a series of 26 half-hour episodes plus one movie. I've been slowly watching them over the past two months, and I just finished the final episode tonight.

WHHHHY?!?

The basics of the show: take a gangly group of down-on-their-luck bounty hunters, and see if they can ever get enough money to buy food. Add excellent music, great action, characters that grab your guts and squeeze them, and "bang."

See you, Space Cowboy....

Recommend? If you can only pick one anime to ever watch in your lifetime, you better make it this one. It's the grits, baby.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Shhh! What if people haven't seen--

anyhow, one of the best. That may be the best ending in all of anime (by best I mean the most true, or um, something. So many animes fizzle out towards the end. Neon Genesis, I'm looking at you! Although, Now and Then, Here and There has an excellent ending...)

Is that my copy you've been watching? I don't remember who I loaned mine to. Whoosh! You or Andrew, I guess.

Andrew said...

tiz me, tiz me

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes I found the special joy that is Cowboy Bebop. I owe Michael Allen thanks for recommending it awhile back, but I just wasn't able to get into it at the time. Actually I only started watching at episode 11 or 12 and then kept with it (The middle episodes drag a little if you have never seen the beginning). But I kept Tivoing it and it was very excellent. Now I will see it in proper fashion from the beginning. Tell me guys am I missing something from the Cartoon Network version like cool stuff being edited out? We might try to change that if that is the case. See you later!!!