Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Movie : Ring 2

First of all, I'd like to welcome our newest member to this illustrious forum. I'm sure she will add wit, wisdom, and worth (not to mention alliteration) to the group. Now, niceties over...

I remember watching The Ring One in a crowded theatre with two of my best girlfriends. We sat gingerly in our seats, not really knowing what to expect. Ten minutes into the film, when the camera suddenly cuts to the shot of the teenager in the closet with her mouth hanging open, I knew this was not your normal horror flick. When the movie was over and I pried my frozen body out of the theatre seat, I drove home alone and lay in my empty apartment, imagining dripping hair and gray skin.

Fast forward.

I was cajoled, enticed, threatened, and otherwise demanded to see the Ring Two. I knew what was in store, and I made a few, not too unreasonable, requests. Such demands being met, I found myself with no other choice but to sit down, dig in, and weather the storm.

What ended up happening was that I watched 95% of the movie through my hands. I saw shoulders, cracked doors, some water, and every now and then I would forget to put my hands up and a creaking cracking crawling girl would enter my frame. After the movie was done, and I was sufficiently convinced that the Ring Girl would never leave her well again, I drove home, turned on the Sound of Music, read a SciFi novel, and fell asleep peacefully.

All that to say, Ring One was insanely scary and gave me insomnia for a month.

Ring Two? cake.

2 comments:

Murf said...

Welcome! Bravo!

Michael said...

bienvenobosly! Wait? Does that mean I should see the movie? I like cake...