Monday, May 23, 2005

Book : The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman

Here is the last book of the His Dark Materials trilogy. The ending was not what I expected, although I can't really say what it is that I did expect in the end. There were many new worlds, many new characters, and, well, how do I review this book?

I can't see how this was supposed to be a childrens book. What part of this book is for children? No part. Except maybe the daemons. Those were kinda cute. Maybe Iorek. Maybe.

Recommend? YES. Read the whole trilogy, and then explain it to me.

1 comment:

Michael said...

So good, so good... For kids? Hmm, I wondered that myself! Are the kids going to get the anti-church vibes? Are kids gonna get the gut wrench? Are kids gonna get the kingdom of heaven? I can't think so. Not little harry potter kids (although Harry Potter rules, but a little less, I think.) Teenageres, maybe?