Monday, May 23, 2005

Movie : Revenge of the Sith

Lucas did it! Yay! This movie was fantastic! I will see it two more times in the theater. At least.

First of all, the creativity/graphics/layout of the movie was probably the most cutting edge stuff I've seen since the original Matrix movies. The opening scene of the movie with the jedi ships cruising around the ... well, let's just say it was amazing. The depth of all the action was mindboggling. My eyes were wide (like this: OO.

I liked the story. I liked the acting (yup, I did). I believed in the conflict between Anakin and Obi-wan. I won't spoil, but I will say I got a bit teary eyed in the last half hour of the movie. It's a sad movie! Anakin was supposed to be the chosen one! And it's a brutal movie! Poor, poor jedi. Also, Revenge of the Sith makes all the other Star Wars movies better. Lucas gave us a perfect fit. I watched the first hour of A New Hope after seeing Episode III, and it was so much better! Amazing.

I must give one strong hint to anyone who hasn't seen this movie yet: FIND AND WATCH THE CARTOON NETWORK CLONE WARS series before watching the movie! It leads DIRECTLY into Revenge of the Sith, and helps it make more sense. Why is General Grevious aparently wounded, for example? Find out in the cartoon!

Recommend? YES. Even if you don't like Star Wars, this is an awesome Sci-fi action blockbuster adventure movie. And if you do like Star Wars, this is probably the best of them all.

1 comment:

Michael said...

The best of them all?!? Strong words, strong! Is that true? That can't be. Better than Empire? Better than Star Wars (A new hope, do do?) Hmmm. Well, I'm going to see it soon, and I'll post in!