Saturday, December 17, 2005

Book: Success

By Martin Amos. Good book. Read fast. Cool use of dual first person narrators that alternate back and forth. Also, both narrators are unreliable. The coolest thing is that you get different perspectives about the same scene, and, even though you know one narrator is a bigger liar than the other, you never really know EXACTLY what happened at any given point especially since you also get versions of events through the mouths of other characters who themselves are somewhat unreliable.

Recommend: Yes. Not as stylistically sweet or funny as "Time's Arrow," but it was a really interesting, entertaining, and well written story. Also, both main characters are complete degenerates, and everyone loves reading about degenerates.

3 comments:

Murf said...

I read one book every two months. That is my par speed. BUT! By 2067, I should be caught up reading all the neato-sounding books you keep recommending.

2062 if I quit my job.

Andrew Najberg said...

Oh, don't you worry, by 2067 it'll be 2338 by the time you can read all the books I've recommended by 2067 (2330 if we're talking 2062).

Andrew said...

excellent response, andrew najberg.