Friday, December 16, 2005

Movie : Sahara

This movie was totally stupid. Matthew Mconanonaughey is maybe a salvage guy who looks for sunken treasure, but he used to be in the military, I think, where he learned to be a badass with his obnoxious friend, that guy that always plays the obnoxious friend in dumb action-adventure movies. Anyway, they go looking for an American civil war ironclad that somehow winded up in the desert in Africa. Oh, and some guy is about to destroy the world's ocean life with toxic waste, somehow. Maybe with super poisonous algea or something. I couldn't tell.

Recommend? Actually, I do. I was expecting dumb fun, and it was delivered, complete with a boat chase and the most unlikely functioning cannon fight ever. Rock, MacConnaugheey.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

i remember reign of fire, which was also matthew machonogonoghee, which was also ridiculous and which reminds me of your description though i haven't actually seen sahara.

Andrew Najberg said...

Your review is much like mine that I posted when I saw the movie on the plane to Amsterdam - horrible film, but simultaneously pointlessly entertaining.

To Andrew H. - GO REIGN OF FIRE! Oh how I long for the old days when dragons used to fight with Apache gunships in the skies above Dallas.

Murf said...

I was the reign of fire guy for halloween a few years ago. Do you remember? Maggie and I cheated on vodka/water shots, and somehow I was the one who had to take the punishment shot.

Good times...

Andrew Najberg said...

oh yeah, that was a pretty sweet costume idea. Except you didn't jump off the balcony with an axe like we wanted you to...